Get the Silicon Beach Fest schedule grid here.
Mobile marketing is on the fast track to overtake desktop and become our single most used device and digital marketing/ad budgets prove it. We surf the web, communicate, email, utilize apps hourly, but how is a marketer to navigate this channel with all its entrée points – both online and offline? Display advertising leaves much to be desired. What alternative creative uses are marketers employing in this new landscape? How is mobile marketing impacting content development and cross-channel campaigns? How is big data informing mobile marketing and where does location-based fit in? We’ll explore all these topics and more.
Moderator: Erik Sass, MediaPost, Reporter
- Marc Mitchell, Lootsie, CEO
- Michael Hayes, UberMedia, CRO/CMO @UberMedia
- Adam Brenner, sparks & honey, Director of Product and Emerging Platforms
- Komnieve Singh, CallFire, Co-Founder and President
Learn how to make your online profile to be more irresistible on both dating services and work-related sites (because people check both!) at this hands-on workshop with dating expert Julie Spira, CEO of Cyber-Dating Expert and Talia Golstein, founder of Three Day Rule. Learn what photos to use, what to say in your description, and what kind of things you should be posting about to increase your dating attractability while still being professional, on services including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Match, Tinder, Grindr, and more. Bring your phone and get ready to edit your description and change your profile pic.
Glam Squad will do touch ups and a photographer will be on hand to snap your photo, to fix your profile on the spot.
- Julie Spira, Cyber-Dating Expert, CEO
- Talia Goldstein, Three Day Rule, Founder and CEO
Julie Spira is the CEO of Cyber-Dating Expert where she’s been helping singles find love online for over 20 years. She is the go-to person in the media for online dating advice and has appeared in/on over 600 news stories including ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, NBC, Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, Women’s Heath and New York Times. She is quoted in the June issue of Women’s Health with her online dating advice
Talia Goldstein is the CEO and Founder of Three Day Rule, a personalized Matchmaking company backed by Match.com. An expert matchmaker with hundreds of success stories, Talia has created 3 matching algorithms, and has been featured on CNN, USA Today, Time, CBS, PBS, Newsweek, Huffington Post, NPR, People, Pando Daily, Maxim, GQ, TMZ, Cosmopolitan & more. She was named to Story Exchange’s Power List of Female Entrepreneurs in 2015, and was in DigitalLA’s Top 50 Digital Women in 2015.
Expert panelists will discuss how audience consumption has changed the digital landscape. They will present a new business model addressing ways in which advertisers, technology companies, and service providers can work together to bridge the gap between traditional media platforms and emerging digital platforms. They will also explore new advertising and other revenue streams arising from the new media company eco-system, and propose ways participants can incorporate them into today’s work environment.
Moderator: Ron Camhi, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Vic Sapphire, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Ryan Hong, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Amy Leavitt, Briabe Mobile, Marketing Director
- Josh Entman, Jukin Media, Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer @JoshEntman
Join our joint panel of experts on the growing medicinal marijuana startup industry. With legalization of medicinal marijuana, startups are growing in the cannabis space. Plus, new investors are cropping up. We’ll discuss startups in the discovery, delivery, and distribution of medicinal marijuana, and related startups in merchandising, fashion, lifestyle, reviews, and more.
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA. Walter manages a portfolio of cannabis investments/Companies, and is co-founder of ROC (Real Office Centers a Cannabis Friendly Building) in Santa Monica. He Co-Founded the Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group (www.cannabisconsultinggroup.org) with professors from USC and UCLA. Walter servers as President of Alta Diversified a Cannabis Business Management Company and is launching a Cannabis Business Accelerator Program/Fund in May called Propagate.la and Propagate Capital at ROC. @ROC_USA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder. With over 100K Instagram followers,The Crystal Cult has established itself as an all-inclusive girls club for fun and fabulous sunglasses, vaporizers, and luxury cannabis accessories. As seen on Cosmopolitian.com, LIVE! With Michael and Kelley, The New York Times, Jezebel, and MTV.com. @thecrystalcult
From Super Bowl campaigns to retail, brands and agencies are facing the growing need to integrate digital into their strategy, creative, and production processes. The panel will feature agency and brand leaders that deal with this challenge on a daily basis and provide insight into their experiences and learnings, and their thoughts on the future of digital integration.
Moderator: Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, SVP, Managing Director of Digital Integration
- Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, Managing Director, Digital Integration
- Victor Nguyen Long, Audi, GM, Customer Experience @VNL
- Carolyn Coyne, Facebook, Creative Strategist, Facebook Creative Shop
- Kingsley Taylor, MRY West, Managing Director
- Derek van den Bosch, Red Interactive, VP of Operations and Delivery
Attend LA’s first Tech Theme Park party at the brand new 26,000 sq ft. CTRL Collective space in Playa Vista from 8p-midnight. We’re creating the first SBF Tech Theme Park, where you can meet dozens of startups at their tables on Startup Main Street, see 3D printing companies in 3D-Land, watch drones fly at the Drone Arena, visit food trucks, and get free balloons, popcorn and ice cream at the Beach Cream ice cream cart.
- Take fun costume pics in the Media Temple – Instantly photobooth, and print them instantly, or email to yourself
- Visit friends in the TeleSign table area
- Say hi to friends in the DIRECTV area
Download the TruckMe app to get an automatic $10 credit in food from four food theme-park theme trucks: Woody’s Grill, G’s Taco Spot on Wheels, Pho-King Awesome, and What The Funnel. The TruckMe app lets you place your order from your phone without having to wait in line, and get a text when your order is ready for you to pick it up.
Cornerstone OnDemand is bringing the food truck back to Silicon Beach Fest! The food truck was so popular last year, we’re bringing it back! Enjoy complimentary custom Silicon Beach Fest menu items when you show your SBF pass. One food item per person. Quantities limited, while supplies last.
Tweet @CornerstoneInc thanks and pics of your food!
Learn from industry experts on how to market and produce your digital content or projects internationally in this hands-on discussion and workshop.
- Bettina Sherick, Hollywood in Pixels, Founder. Formerly 20th Century Digital Marketing, SVP Digital Strategic Marketing. Bettina pioneered Digital Marketing for 20th Century Fox International (TCFI). During her 14 years with Fox, she ensured that TCFI consistently stayed at the forefront of movie studios for innovative digital marketing programs and marketing partnerships. She oversaw over 100+ international digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including blockbuster new release films including THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, LIFE OF PI, the entire X-MEN franchise, both RISE and DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, AVATAR, all films in the ICE AGE franchise, and THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, the latter of which won the Webby Award and People’s Voice Webby Award. @bettina
- John Heisen, Bunnygraph Entertainment, Founder. John and his company Bunnygraph Entertainment, work with writers, talent, and technologists to create serialized formats for television, interactive/web and mobile platforms in what he calls “Storytelling through Advanced Content”. After completing a three year run as Transmedia Producer / Showrunner for the Academy Awards (Oscar.com), John now focuses on the development of a range of TV and film projects in both the US and around the world. His short film LONE HUNTER recently premiered at the Los Angeles Asia Pacific Film Festival and was selected for the Court Metrage at the Cannes Film Festival.
Digital advertising has become more sophisticated and complex than ever, with the advent of programmatic buying, big data and an unlimited number of technology providers serving the blooming ad tech ecosystem. In this advanced marketing technology session, you’ll hear from some of the brightest minds in advertising tech about what’s hot in 2015 and what to look for from digital marketing over the next five years.
Moderator: Colette Dill Lerner, Steel and Pepper, Managing Partner
- Greg Pritchard, GumGum, SVP Business Development
- Angela Kinsella, Demand Media, Senior Dir. Programmatic Sales
- Varoujan Bedirian, Viant, VP Product Management
- Sheila Marmon, Mirror Digital, Founder and CEO
Join this panel with leaders in the tech scene from San Diego and Santa Barbara, who’ll provide a brief overview of what’s happening in tech to our neighbors to the south and north of Silicon Beach. Speakers will provide a brief overview of the major investors (accelerators, VCs, angels), types of startups (biotech, ad tech, consumer, media, etc.), access to developers and marketing / branding talent to help grow your startup, and local resources for funding, events, and more.
- Neal Bloom (San Diego), SD Tech Spotlight, Founder; Neal Bloom Consulting
- Jacques Habra (Santa Barbara), Self Echo, Thought Leader; Executive Director, Noospheric
- Zahir Wahid (Long Beach), Sidian Agency, Co-Owner; Code for Long Beach. Etoy Foundation, TAFF Expo
Moderator: Ted Werth, Tengrade, CEO; startup advisor @tejawe
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners
- Kris Bjornerud, Crosscut Ventures, Venture Partner; Amplify LA, Executive Director
- Dan Chen, Siemer & Associates, Managing Director
- Shamin Rostami, TYLT Lab, Partner
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network. Members of the Tech Coast Angels fund early stage Southern California technology companies. The membership consists of approximately 300 individuals from 5 independent regional networks (Central Coast, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Inland Empire).
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners. Brad Zions is a Los Angeles-based investor and entrepreneur. Zions has deep domain expertise in digital media and the restaurant, apparel and entertainment industries. Zions has been an active angel investor for the past 16 years, both individually and as a member of HBS Angels. Recent investments include Jukin Media, Moviepass, bBooth, Parachute, TrustEgg and Venga. Previous exits include QXL (now Tradus, which was acquired by Naspers in 2008) and Google via Ron Conway’s Angel funds I and II.
- Evan Eneman, Wharton Angel Network of SoCal, President; Co-founder of WAN SoCal
Join us for Friday night cocktails at the new WeWork Santa Monica. Silicon Beach Fest attendees get a sneak preview of the large new co-working space before its scheduled July 1 opening date. WeWork’s Santa Monica location is WeWork’s second location in LA, after its first location in Hollywood which has hosted several Silicon Beach Fests.
Introducing WeWork Santa Monica
WeWork and Silicon Beach Fest have come together to host an amazing pre-launch party to celebrate the newest LA location, WeWork Santa Monica, opening July 1st.
Join us this Friday, June 26th, at 6:00pm for a fun evening of drinks, food, prizes, a live DJ, and a sneak peek of the new space before it opens.
Please RSVP to attend, we look forward to seeing you there!
The WeWork Team
With our new location at the Marina del Rey Hotel, we embark upon a private yacht cruise aboard the FantaSea yacht, to add a little Cannes style yacht cruising to this year’s Silicon Beach Fest. VIP passes, select speakers and sponsors are invited to this three-hour FantaSea yacht cruise on Friday June 26, 6-9p. Step aboard the yacht from 6-7p while it is at the dock, and then the boat will depart at 7p for a two-hour sailing cruise around the Marina. 130 capacity.
A wristband will be required to board the yacht. Select sponsors, select speakers, and paid VIP tickets will be given wristbands to board the yacht.
To sponsor the yacht, email firstname.lastname@example.org with YACHT as the subject.
Free parking at FantaSea Yacht, 4215 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
After the yacht returns to shore at 9p, you still have time to drive or Uber / Lyft to the Closing Party at Cross Campus from 8-11p in Santa Monica.
All Silicon Beach Fest attendees are invited to our big Closing Party with a nautical theme and views of boats in the marina. Enjoy complimentary passed appetizers. Our DJ will make sure you get to do some dancing on the dance floor. VIP guests are welcome to relax in the VIP lounge. You may sit down to order dinner at Killer Shrimp on your own, or after-party with your new SBF buddies in the adjacent Killer Cafe section which is open 24 hours and has free wifi for posting all your dancing tweets and Instagrams.
Killer Shrimp is located at 4211 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Parking: Please park in the nearby public lot. Cost is $6 cash or credit card. Parking is not covered or validated. Do not park in the Killer Cafe lot which is reserved for dinner guests. Note: You may also take the Tesloop car shuttle in a Tesla from the Marina Del Rey Hotel.
Join us for our Silicon Beach Fest – VIP Cocktails with wine & cheese at the newly listed home at 25 S. Venice Blvd. on Saturday June 27. Relax with wine and good conversation, and touch base with friends and new contacts from the fest.
This event is open to Silicon Beach Fest VIP, speaker, and sponsors. Please bring your badge for entry.
Our venue is a newly listed $3.75M home steps from Venice Beach, with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, Brazilian granite, and a multi-level roof deck with an impressive 360° view of the ocean, mountains, and city. The home has recently been featured in the LA Times, and First Comics News. Contact: Darren Winston, Luxury Property Speciality at John Aaroe Group, email@example.com
PARKING: Park on your own at $6 public parking lots a short walk away.
Join us for this panel with digital home and commercial real estate experts at a beachfront condo in North Malibu. Relax with cocktails, enjoy the balcony which overlooks the ocean, and chat at the panel. Thanks to Ethan Samuels for hosting this event.
Address is a private home at 11770 Pacific Coast Highway. Bring your SBF VIP badge for admission.
- Audie Chamberlain, Lion and Orb, Founder and CEO of full services real estate PR agency
- Ethan Samuels, Northwestern Mutual, Financial Advisor
- Sarah Kosasky, Partners Trust Real Estate Brokerage and Acquisitions – Malibu, Founding Partner, Manager
- Adrian Zaw, Zaw Studios, Executive Producer and CEO. Drone Specialist; uses drones for arial real estate photography
We just added this Disneyland meetup because so many international SBF attendees are in town, and wanted to go to Disneyland! International attendees to this year’s SBF include the 25-member delegation from our Silicon Sister city, Silicon Beach UK who spoke on 2 panels, as well as attendees who flew in from London, Scotland, Germany, Belgium, Mexico, and India. All SBF attendees invited to Disneyland for a photo opp at the Castle at 7p to catch sunset lighting. Look for Silicon Beach Fest – Festival Director @KevinWinston in the red SBF shirt (and tweet him to find him). We’ll bring SBF fans and shades for you for the pic! You can also check out the artwork of Frozen near Main St; Steve Goldberg of Disney Animation discussed the making of Frozen at our VFX of Hollywood Blockbusters panel on Friday.
This event is pay on your own, Disneyland admission is $99/day, no SBF pass discounts. Deluxe annual passports are valid today.