Get the Silicon Beach Fest schedule grid here.
Mobile marketing is on the fast track to overtake desktop and become our single most used device and digital marketing/ad budgets prove it. We surf the web, communicate, email, utilize apps hourly, but how is a marketer to navigate this channel with all its entrée points – both online and offline? Display advertising leaves much to be desired. What alternative creative uses are marketers employing in this new landscape? How is mobile marketing impacting content development and cross-channel campaigns? How is big data informing mobile marketing and where does location-based fit in? We’ll explore all these topics and more.
Moderator: Erik Sass, MediaPost, Reporter
- Marc Mitchell, Lootsie, CEO
- Michael Hayes, UberMedia, CRO/CMO @UberMedia
- Adam Brenner, sparks & honey, Director of Product and Emerging Platforms
- Komnieve Singh, CallFire, Co-Founder and President
Expert panelists will discuss how audience consumption has changed the digital landscape. They will present a new business model addressing ways in which advertisers, technology companies, and service providers can work together to bridge the gap between traditional media platforms and emerging digital platforms. They will also explore new advertising and other revenue streams arising from the new media company eco-system, and propose ways participants can incorporate them into today’s work environment.
Moderator: Ron Camhi, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Vic Sapphire, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Ryan Hong, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Amy Leavitt, Briabe Mobile, Marketing Director
- Josh Entman, Jukin Media, Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer @JoshEntman
Join our joint panel of experts on the growing medicinal marijuana startup industry. With legalization of medicinal marijuana, startups are growing in the cannabis space. Plus, new investors are cropping up. We’ll discuss startups in the discovery, delivery, and distribution of medicinal marijuana, and related startups in merchandising, fashion, lifestyle, reviews, and more.
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA. Walter manages a portfolio of cannabis investments/Companies, and is co-founder of ROC (Real Office Centers a Cannabis Friendly Building) in Santa Monica. He Co-Founded the Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group (www.cannabisconsultinggroup.org) with professors from USC and UCLA. Walter servers as President of Alta Diversified a Cannabis Business Management Company and is launching a Cannabis Business Accelerator Program/Fund in May called Propagate.la and Propagate Capital at ROC. @ROC_USA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder. With over 100K Instagram followers,The Crystal Cult has established itself as an all-inclusive girls club for fun and fabulous sunglasses, vaporizers, and luxury cannabis accessories. As seen on Cosmopolitian.com, LIVE! With Michael and Kelley, The New York Times, Jezebel, and MTV.com. @thecrystalcult
From Super Bowl campaigns to retail, brands and agencies are facing the growing need to integrate digital into their strategy, creative, and production processes. The panel will feature agency and brand leaders that deal with this challenge on a daily basis and provide insight into their experiences and learnings, and their thoughts on the future of digital integration.
Moderator: Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, SVP, Managing Director of Digital Integration
- Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, Managing Director, Digital Integration
- Victor Nguyen Long, Audi, GM, Customer Experience @VNL
- Carolyn Coyne, Facebook, Creative Strategist, Facebook Creative Shop
- Kingsley Taylor, MRY West, Managing Director
- Derek van den Bosch, Red Interactive, VP of Operations and Delivery
Learn from industry experts on how to market and produce your digital content or projects internationally in this hands-on discussion and workshop.
- Bettina Sherick, Hollywood in Pixels, Founder. Formerly 20th Century Digital Marketing, SVP Digital Strategic Marketing. Bettina pioneered Digital Marketing for 20th Century Fox International (TCFI). During her 14 years with Fox, she ensured that TCFI consistently stayed at the forefront of movie studios for innovative digital marketing programs and marketing partnerships. She oversaw over 100+ international digital marketing campaigns across multiple platforms, including blockbuster new release films including THE FAULT IN OUR STARS, LIFE OF PI, the entire X-MEN franchise, both RISE and DAWN OF THE PLANET OF THE APES, AVATAR, all films in the ICE AGE franchise, and THE SIMPSONS MOVIE, the latter of which won the Webby Award and People’s Voice Webby Award. @bettina
- John Heisen, Bunnygraph Entertainment, Founder. John and his company Bunnygraph Entertainment, work with writers, talent, and technologists to create serialized formats for television, interactive/web and mobile platforms in what he calls “Storytelling through Advanced Content”. After completing a three year run as Transmedia Producer / Showrunner for the Academy Awards (Oscar.com), John now focuses on the development of a range of TV and film projects in both the US and around the world. His short film LONE HUNTER recently premiered at the Los Angeles Asia Pacific Film Festival and was selected for the Court Metrage at the Cannes Film Festival.
Digital advertising has become more sophisticated and complex than ever, with the advent of programmatic buying, big data and an unlimited number of technology providers serving the blooming ad tech ecosystem. In this advanced marketing technology session, you’ll hear from some of the brightest minds in advertising tech about what’s hot in 2015 and what to look for from digital marketing over the next five years.
Moderator: Colette Dill Lerner, Steel and Pepper, Managing Partner
- Greg Pritchard, GumGum, SVP Business Development
- Angela Kinsella, Demand Media, Senior Dir. Programmatic Sales
- Varoujan Bedirian, Viant, VP Product Management
- Sheila Marmon, Mirror Digital, Founder and CEO
Join this panel with leaders in the tech scene from San Diego and Santa Barbara, who’ll provide a brief overview of what’s happening in tech to our neighbors to the south and north of Silicon Beach. Speakers will provide a brief overview of the major investors (accelerators, VCs, angels), types of startups (biotech, ad tech, consumer, media, etc.), access to developers and marketing / branding talent to help grow your startup, and local resources for funding, events, and more.
- Neal Bloom (San Diego), SD Tech Spotlight, Founder; Neal Bloom Consulting
- Jacques Habra (Santa Barbara), Self Echo, Thought Leader; Executive Director, Noospheric
- Zahir Wahid (Long Beach), Sidian Agency, Co-Owner; Code for Long Beach. Etoy Foundation, TAFF Expo
Moderator: Ted Werth, Tengrade, CEO; startup advisor @tejawe
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners
- Kris Bjornerud, Crosscut Ventures, Venture Partner; Amplify LA, Executive Director
- Dan Chen, Siemer & Associates, Managing Director
- Shamin Rostami, TYLT Lab, Partner
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network. Members of the Tech Coast Angels fund early stage Southern California technology companies. The membership consists of approximately 300 individuals from 5 independent regional networks (Central Coast, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Inland Empire).
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners. Brad Zions is a Los Angeles-based investor and entrepreneur. Zions has deep domain expertise in digital media and the restaurant, apparel and entertainment industries. Zions has been an active angel investor for the past 16 years, both individually and as a member of HBS Angels. Recent investments include Jukin Media, Moviepass, bBooth, Parachute, TrustEgg and Venga. Previous exits include QXL (now Tradus, which was acquired by Naspers in 2008) and Google via Ron Conway’s Angel funds I and II.
- Evan Eneman, Wharton Angel Network of SoCal, President; Co-founder of WAN SoCal