Get the Silicon Beach Fest schedule grid here.
LA’s e-commerce startups in fashion, flowers and more will discuss issues e-commerce startups face, including fulfillment, customer acquisition strategies, marketing and social media, and data analytics.
Moderator: Erik Huberman, Hawke Media, Founder / CEO
- Daniel Broukhim, FabFitFun, CEO
- Brock Meltzer, Society6, VP and GM
- Bryan Lalezarian, MeUndies, CEO
- David Daneshgar, BloomNation, Co-Founder
- Joe Richardson, Incase, VP of Direct Sales
- Ara Katz, Spring, Chief Marketing Officer @arakatz
Expert panelists will discuss how audience consumption has changed the digital landscape. They will present a new business model addressing ways in which advertisers, technology companies, and service providers can work together to bridge the gap between traditional media platforms and emerging digital platforms. They will also explore new advertising and other revenue streams arising from the new media company eco-system, and propose ways participants can incorporate them into today’s work environment.
Moderator: Ron Camhi, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Vic Sapphire, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Ryan Hong, Michelman & Robinson, LLP, Partner
- Amy Leavitt, Briabe Mobile, Marketing Director
- Josh Entman, Jukin Media, Co-Founder and Chief Development Officer @JoshEntman
A panel of seasoned podcasters discuss how newbies can skyrocket a new podcast.
Moderator: Espree Devora, WeAreLATech.com + #womenintech Podcasts, ‘Podcasting for Beginners’ Instructor at General Assembly
- Ryan Williams, The Influencer Economy podcast @ryanjwill
- Harry Duran, Podcast Junkies podcast; founder of FullCast.co @podcast_junkies
- Graham Elwood, Comedy Film Nerds podcast and Earbuds: The Documentary @grahamelwood
- Addy Saucedo, Do I.T. podcast and sound engineer @addymvr
Espree Devora is known as “the Girl who Gets it Done”. She is Comms VP and Podcast host at WeAreLATech , a virtual tourist office for LA Startups, in addition to being a contributing journalist for TechZulu. The podcast was #2 across all of iTunes New & Noteworthy and is currently featured on Apple’s ‘Inspiring Women’s Voices’. On her blog SaveBusinessTime.com, she curates and reviews the best business software for startups to be more productive. She has provided seminars in entrepreneurship and technology to many corporations and universities including CBS, Disney and USC Executive MBA. Connect with Espree on Twitter @espreedevora or LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/in/espree.
Harry is the Host of Podcast Junkies and Founder of FullCast, a full-service done-for-you podcast production service.
As a longtime fan of podcasts, Harry was inspired by a trip to the New Media Expo conference in early 2014 to start his own show. Podcast Junkies is a product of his passion for the podcasting medium, and the interesting personalities who currently host some of the more popular and engaging shows on iTunes. It’s a behind-the-scenes peek at these personalities and allows the audience a way to get to know them better.
To listen to the show, visit http://www.podcastjunkies.com
For more information about FullCast, visit http://fullcast.co
Addy Saucedo is the creator and talk host of the DO I.T. Podcast, focused on intentional personal development aka transformation. This show is for those who are brave enough to put their best efforts forward to becoming a better version of themselves. The show hit #1 on iTunes New & Noteworthy for the ‘Health’ and ‘Society & Culture’ categories and #3 across ALL podcast categories in iTunes. Addy was recently featured on the Women In Podcasting panel for TechZulu. She contributes her passion for podcasting by helping podcasters come together via her directory, Podcasters Unite!
Ryan Williams helps companies large and small launch their ideas to the world. As a marketing executive he has developed go-to-market brand strategies for companies such as Disney, Microsoft, Activision and Warner Bros. In the startup world, he’s been an early team member at DigiSynd(Disney), Machinima, and State. Ryan’s professional experience includes 12 years in marketing, business development, and entertainment. He also hosts Stories From the Influencer Economy, a podcast where he speaks to creators and entrepreneurs launching the next big things in media. The podcast was featured in Apple’s “new & noteworthy” in iTunes. He’s a former stand-up comedian who received his B.A. from Vanderbilt University.
Graham Elwood is the co-founder of ComedyFilmNerds.com and LA Podcast Festival. Also co-host of Comedy Film Nerds podcast. Director of Ear Buds: The Podcasting Documentary, set to release this fall. Touring stand-up comic. Surfer, yoga, vegetarian and any other California cliches.
Meet Silicon Beach startups in part one of this pitch fest where new and up-and-coming startups will pitch for 3 minutes with 3 min of judges Q&A. Judges will pick 6 startups to advance to the final round on June 26, 5p at Marina del Rey Hotel.
Showcase Producer: Andreas Seckler
- Chris Hill, Siemer & Associates, Vice President
- Brian Pass, Shepphard Mullin, Partner
- Anshul Kundani, Google, Product Manager
- Yohei Nakajima, Techstars @Yohei Nakajima
Last year’s Startup Showcase winner AIO Robotics took home the grand prize.
Industry, Cody Barbo, CEO
Industry is a professional network for the service and hospitality industry, allowing users to highlight skills and talents using photos and videos, and offers businesses hiring solutions @jointheindustry
Evrybit, Eric Ortiz, Founder/CEO
Evrybit is a mobile-first live collaborative storytelling app. We empower anyone to create and monetize media on a smartphone in real time. @evrybit
RenewU, Kim Klafczynski, Founder
Uber for fitness. Personal training, yoga & pilates in as little as 3 minutes and low as $25. @renewufitness
BuzzQuest, Shaun Newsum, Founder/CEO
BuzzQuest is a mobile app which lets any social media user accept offers from brands to share their product. High Concept Pitch: Venmo/Square Cash for Influencer Marketing. We bring influencer marketing to the masses. masses. @buzzquestapp
Kombie, Stuart Berwick, Co-Founder
Kombie is a mobile video app than lets you add yourself to highlights from live music, sports, movies, TV and whatever is happening now. @kombieofficial
Shopping Quizzes, Jennie Wong, CEO
Shopping Quizzes are custom, interactive product-finders that retailers install on their ecommerce sites, which gives their shoppers a fun, visual way to quickly find what they want to buy. Our quizzes lift conversion rates using cognitive science. @shoppingquizzes
Vytmn, Hank Leber, CEO
Vytmn is Growth as a Service. Hands free ‘Do it for you’ marketing for businesses and brands. @vytmn
Flypbox Inc., Robert Rippberger, CEO
Websites, apps, and point of sale for retail shops. The only fully integrated platform of its kind. @flypbox
Portent.IO, Hamish Brocklebank, CEO
Portent.IO is a data science platform that helps Producers, Distributors & Studios, improve the efficacy of their marketing for theatrical and digital release as well as increase monetisation of their back catalogues. @portentio
toot, Sophia Parsa, CEO
Mobile app that connects you to tutors coaches and instructors in your area. A skill sharing community. @tootapp
DermCheck App, Ben Behnam MD, Co-Founder, Medical Director
DermCheck App is a Telemedicine App that allows consumers to conduct a virtual office visit with a Dermatologist from the convenience of their home. @dermcheckapp
Join our joint panel of experts on the growing medicinal marijuana startup industry. With legalization of medicinal marijuana, startups are growing in the cannabis space. Plus, new investors are cropping up. We’ll discuss startups in the discovery, delivery, and distribution of medicinal marijuana, and related startups in merchandising, fashion, lifestyle, reviews, and more.
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder
- Walter Grieves, ROC, Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group, Propagate.LA. Walter manages a portfolio of cannabis investments/Companies, and is co-founder of ROC (Real Office Centers a Cannabis Friendly Building) in Santa Monica. He Co-Founded the Think Tank Cannabis Consulting Group (www.cannabisconsultinggroup.org) with professors from USC and UCLA. Walter servers as President of Alta Diversified a Cannabis Business Management Company and is launching a Cannabis Business Accelerator Program/Fund in May called Propagate.la and Propagate Capital at ROC. @ROC_USA
- Olivia Alexander, Crystal Cult, CEO/Founder. With over 100K Instagram followers,The Crystal Cult has established itself as an all-inclusive girls club for fun and fabulous sunglasses, vaporizers, and luxury cannabis accessories. As seen on Cosmopolitian.com, LIVE! With Michael and Kelley, The New York Times, Jezebel, and MTV.com. @thecrystalcult
Meet Silicon Beach startups in part two of this pitch fest where new and up-and-coming startups will pitch for 3 minutes with 3 min of judges Q&A. Judges will pick 6 startups to advance to the final round on June 26, 5p at Marina del Rey Hotel.
Showcase Producer: Andreas Seckler
- John Dao, DIRECTV, Director of Digital Ideation
- Jeremy Dann, USC Marshall, Greif Center for Entrepreneurial Studies, Professor of Entrepreneurship
- Hamet Watt, Upfront Ventures, Venture Partner
- Derek Au, Orange Silicon Valley, Technology Analyst
Last year’s Startup Showcase winner AIO Robotics took home the grand prize.
STEMP Inc., Barnabas Gero, Chief Business Officer
STEMP creates personal health monitoring products for consumer as well as institutional applications, the first being the STEMP Smart Temperature Patch™, the thermometer reinvented for the 21st century. @getstemp
Kersplody, Tim Gruhl, CEO
Kersplody is creating the interface to decouple algorithms/analytics and the underlying infrastructure. This will change the business model for how algorithms are developed and also for significant reuse of them, which is currently impossible. @kersplody
NVdrones, Kevin Mukai, COO
NVdrones is a platform that lets companies create an application for any drone. @nvdrones
CureCrowd, Dr. Charles Rocamboli, CEO
CureCrowd is a web-based pubic resource tool designed to objectively compare traditional and alternative medicine. This is done by aggregating surveys supplied by our user base, and presenting them to the public as easy-to-read graphs. @curecrowd
DelightWipes, Summers McKay, CEO & Founder
The DelightWipes #MakeLoveMore App is a love-changing, sex life enhancing, tool with data tracking, intimacy tips, personal journal, mood monitor, food list, and even better – integration with your sleep trackers and fitness wearables! @delightwipes
Serenify, Garrett Gilbertson, Co-Founder, CEO
Website that allows users to verify their identities and verify key pieces of information that we communicate where ever our members need to establish trust online. @helloserenify
2Truths and a Lie, Tyler Adams, Co-Founder.
2Truths is an app that helps strangers start a conversation. @2TruthsApp
Holyvent, Julien Jorda, CEO
Holyvent is a platform that lets users share live, geotagged, multi-angle videos of events @holyventcompany
ScriptBook, Nadira Azermai, Founder
ScriptBook provides film studios & production companies, film investors & distributors with script-based box office predictions prior to investment, production & sunk costs. @scriptbook_io
Tesloop, Haydn, Founder
Tesloop is building the first Sustainable Transportation Network. Initially focused regional travel, it is based on semi-autonomous electric cars. @tesloop
From Super Bowl campaigns to retail, brands and agencies are facing the growing need to integrate digital into their strategy, creative, and production processes. The panel will feature agency and brand leaders that deal with this challenge on a daily basis and provide insight into their experiences and learnings, and their thoughts on the future of digital integration.
Moderator: Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, SVP, Managing Director of Digital Integration
- Josh Crick, Leo Burnett, Managing Director, Digital Integration
- Victor Nguyen Long, Audi, GM, Customer Experience @VNL
- Carolyn Coyne, Facebook, Creative Strategist, Facebook Creative Shop
- Kingsley Taylor, MRY West, Managing Director
- Derek van den Bosch, Red Interactive, VP of Operations and Delivery
Attend LA’s first Tech Theme Park party at the brand new 26,000 sq ft. CTRL Collective space in Playa Vista from 8p-midnight. We’re creating the first SBF Tech Theme Park, where you can meet dozens of startups at their tables on Startup Main Street, see 3D printing companies in 3D-Land, watch drones fly at the Drone Arena, visit food trucks, and get free balloons, popcorn and ice cream at the Beach Cream ice cream cart.
- Take fun costume pics in the Media Temple – Instantly photobooth, and print them instantly, or email to yourself
- Visit friends in the TeleSign table area
- Say hi to friends in the DIRECTV area
Download the TruckMe app to get an automatic $10 credit in food from four food theme-park theme trucks: Woody’s Grill, G’s Taco Spot on Wheels, Pho-King Awesome, and What The Funnel. The TruckMe app lets you place your order from your phone without having to wait in line, and get a text when your order is ready for you to pick it up.
Sean serves as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the board of directors of Demand Media. Sean was previously the CEO of Saatchi Art, which Demand Media acquired in August 2014, and the President and CEO of Ticketmaster, where he also served on the board of directors. Sean held positions of increasing responsibility during his tenure at Ticketmaster, including EVP, Technology and Chief Operating Officer. Sean has also served as an Entrepreneur in Residence at Mayfield Fund and he began his executive experience as EVP, Technology at Citysearch.
Sean sits on several private company boards of directors, including Eventbrite and TuneIn. Sean is also actively involved in non-profit work with CoachArt and the Pat Tillman Foundation.
Sean received his bachelor’s degree from the University of South Carolina and attended graduate school at Boston University and the University of South Carolina.
Join this panel featuring CEOs and CTOs who will assist in answering the questions related to choosing a CTO for your new venture. Topics may include how to differentiate yourself, motivating talent to join, and keeping interest long-term.
Moderator: Bryan Lemster, Halcyon Innovation LLC, President
- John Shiple, Freelance CTO, CEO/CTO
- Alex Capecelatro, Yeti, CEO. Alex is a developer, founder and CEO of Yeti local recommendation mobile app.
- Hank Leber, Vytmn, CEO
- Jeffrey Chernick, RideAmigos, Owner
Developer Track presented by:
Silicon Beach CTOs from top companies will discuss how they find developers, build their team, work with other teams in their organization, and scale for growth from startup to next stages.
Moderator: Casey Frith-Smith, FOX Network Engineering & Operations, VP Video Solutions
- Lukas Sliwka, Grindr, CTO
- Sunil Bhanot, Demand Media, VP of Software Engineering
- Ethan Kravitz, Curbstand, CTO @CurbStand
- John Coogan, Soylent, CTO / Co-Founder
Developer Track presented by:
Moderator: Neal Ungerleider, Fast Company, Reporter
- Chet Pipkin, Belkin, Founder and Chairman
- Scott Painter, TrueCar, CEO and Founder
- Julie Schoenfeld, Strobe, CEO; also was CEO of Perfect Market, which was acquired by Taboola [bio]
This panel will feature hardware startups discussing their path to success on developing a business, not just a product, with a singular aim of supporting hardware startups, versus makers or big business.
Moderator: Jeremy Goodwin, SyncFab.Com, Founder
- Stuart Karten, Karten Design, President
- Grant Delgatty, Pasadena Art Center College of Design, Instructor
- Nick Agid, Made in California Factory Tours, Fabrication Design & Materials Advising Director
- Chris Rico, Los Angeles Economic Development Corporation (LAEDC), Director of Innovation
- Avidan Ross, Lion Wells Capital, Founder
Cornerstone OnDemand is bringing the food truck back to Silicon Beach Fest! The food truck was so popular last year, we’re bringing it back! Enjoy complimentary custom Silicon Beach Fest menu items when you show your SBF pass. One food item per person. Quantities limited, while supplies last.
Tweet @CornerstoneInc thanks and pics of your food!
Experts who’ve all sold or worked on digital content deals will discuss their decision process from valuation, to finding an acquiring company, to deal terms, and what you do next. Cuz you can’t go back to a day job.
- Neil Goldberg,AppOne, Founder; Angel Investor. Sold SayNow to Google in 2011
- Alex Fragen, UTA, Head of Global Content at UTA. Part of the team selling Summit to Lionsgate
- David Spitzer, Upper Diamond, CEO. A Branded Content Marketing Company. Was Head of Production at Ninth House – acquired by Korn Ferry for $90M
Digital advertising has become more sophisticated and complex than ever, with the advent of programmatic buying, big data and an unlimited number of technology providers serving the blooming ad tech ecosystem. In this advanced marketing technology session, you’ll hear from some of the brightest minds in advertising tech about what’s hot in 2015 and what to look for from digital marketing over the next five years.
Moderator: Colette Dill Lerner, Steel and Pepper, Managing Partner
- Greg Pritchard, GumGum, SVP Business Development
- Angela Kinsella, Demand Media, Senior Dir. Programmatic Sales
- Varoujan Bedirian, Viant, VP Product Management
- Sheila Marmon, Mirror Digital, Founder and CEO
Will Keenan was named President of Endemol Beyond USA, the digital division of Endemol Shine North America, in November 2013.
Keenan oversees Endemol Beyond USA’s Premium Content Network (PCN), a leading provider of premium content available across more than 20 platforms including YouTube, Yahoo, AOL, Roku, TiVo, DailyMotion and Amazon Fire TV. Within its first year, Endemol Beyond USA established itself as the most-nominated digital network at the 2014 Streamy Awards and also won eight 2015 AVA Digital Awards.
Keenan recently oversaw the launch of ICON, the first worldwide premium lifestyle network. ICON, which is led creatively by digital pioneer and entrepreneur Michelle Phan, launched simultaneously in the U.S. and UK in March 2015. ICON is the new global destination for the empowerment of viewers through inspiration, premium lifestyle content and conversation.
Since joining Endemol Beyond USA, Keenan and his team have partnered with superstars such as Pitbull and Michelle Phan, Vine queen Brittany Furlan, YouTube’s musical prince MattyB, celebrity comedian Andy Milonakis and Emmy Award-winner Drea de Matteo, among others., Keenan has also overseen the online launch of numerous vertical networks and original show formats in comedy, music, originals, reality and lifestyle genres.
Keenan’s executive career in digital began in September 2011 at Maker Studios, where he served as Vice President, Vertical Development & Network Programming. When Keenan began at Maker Studios, the now Disney-owned MCN had 300 channels with more than 300 million monthly views and when he left for Endemol Beyond, Maker had scaled to more than 50,000 channels with five billion monthly views.
During his Maker Studios tenure, Keenan signed, launched and/or partnered with some of YouTube’s top channels such as BadLipReading and he also led Maker to become the first multi-channel network to partner with traditional celebrities including Kevin Smith, Adrian Grenier, Margaret Cho and “Guardians of the Galaxy” writer/director James Gunn. Keenan developed, launched, provided vertical optimization and original content programming development for four Maker Studios vertical network genres (beauty, moms, news and animation), and established Maker’s social presence by leading the company’s initial network-wide social strategy.
Prior to Keenan’s executive roles at Endemol Beyond USA and Maker, he is credited for leading roles in Love God, the first digital feature transferred to 35mm, as well as sci-fi musical The Ghastly Love of Johnny X, the last feature to be filmed on Kodak’s 35mm black-and-white Plus-X film stock. Keenan has been involved with more than 45 independent film productions, both in-front of and behind-the-camera. He’s served as the star, producer, director, writer, financier and stuntman across his independent film career.
Keenan currently resides in Los Angeles with his wife, Getty Images Senior Contributing Photographer Stefanie Keenan, along with their five rescued cats.
- Nandan Kalle, Belkin International, Director, Commercial Networking
- John Shiple, FreelanceCTO, Founder
Startups confront many of the same technology challenges as large enterprises do only with limited financial resources and tech support. To further complicate matters technology is a very wide and disparate set of functions, tasks, hardware, and software depending on the context, and the technical staff is expected to (quite literally) know every detail about every piece of technology within the company. For a small team, this is an unrealistic expectation as most companies focus on their product and fall far short or experience significant pain with their own internal, networking infrastructure. Ask yourself: are you addressing your internal company (aka office) networking, and how is this different than your production network infrastructure?
To remain competitive, companies must maintain and purchase technology that scales with their business while their workplace is radically changing. However, early stage companies do not have all the necessary roles to fully satisfy the entire spectrum of a company’s Technology needs. Cultural and technological shifts like remote working and BYOD can strain the network and dramatically impact a company’s operations. This session will discuss the key things startups needs to consider when a designing a local (aka in-office and/or remote office) network for today – and one for the future. For this workshop, attendees will participate in an interactive Q&A to ask experts all those how-to and what-should-I type questions from those who’ve built scalable companies.
- What is the difference between my product’s network infrastructure and the network infrastructure required to support my company’s operations?
- How do I choose the networking right gear? What equipment do I need? What are some common metrics or baselines for choosing the right components?
- When is it time to upgrade? When do you buy off shelf vs. going to a reseller?
- What things need to be taken into consideration when setting up a wireless network, e.g., building materials, obstructions, AP configurations, antenna position
- What is the best way to support open collaboration and workforce mobility
- Combatting security vulnerabilities – How to protect your WLAN from hackers sitting a mile away
- How will IoT affect small businesses?
Join this panel with leaders in the tech scene from San Diego and Santa Barbara, who’ll provide a brief overview of what’s happening in tech to our neighbors to the south and north of Silicon Beach. Speakers will provide a brief overview of the major investors (accelerators, VCs, angels), types of startups (biotech, ad tech, consumer, media, etc.), access to developers and marketing / branding talent to help grow your startup, and local resources for funding, events, and more.
- Neal Bloom (San Diego), SD Tech Spotlight, Founder; Neal Bloom Consulting
- Jacques Habra (Santa Barbara), Self Echo, Thought Leader; Executive Director, Noospheric
- Zahir Wahid (Long Beach), Sidian Agency, Co-Owner; Code for Long Beach. Etoy Foundation, TAFF Expo
Moderator: Ted Werth, Tengrade, CEO; startup advisor @tejawe
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners
- Kris Bjornerud, Crosscut Ventures, Venture Partner; Amplify LA, Executive Director
- Dan Chen, Siemer & Associates, Managing Director
- Shamin Rostami, TYLT Lab, Partner
- Jeff Lapin, Tech Coast Angels, President of LA Network. Members of the Tech Coast Angels fund early stage Southern California technology companies. The membership consists of approximately 300 individuals from 5 independent regional networks (Central Coast, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Diego, Inland Empire).
- Brad Zions, Harvard Business School Angels; Partner at Structure Partners. Brad Zions is a Los Angeles-based investor and entrepreneur. Zions has deep domain expertise in digital media and the restaurant, apparel and entertainment industries. Zions has been an active angel investor for the past 16 years, both individually and as a member of HBS Angels. Recent investments include Jukin Media, Moviepass, bBooth, Parachute, TrustEgg and Venga. Previous exits include QXL (now Tradus, which was acquired by Naspers in 2008) and Google via Ron Conway’s Angel funds I and II.
- Evan Eneman, Wharton Angel Network of SoCal, President; Co-founder of WAN SoCal
Drone experts discuss the growing drone market including the rise in drone startups, drone VCs and investors, and types of drone companies (photography, e-commerce, B2C and B2B). We’ll also discuss how to get started in drones, going from drone hobbyist to business, rules and legislation affecting drone flight, and drone resources in LA.
Moderator: Neal Ungerleider, Fast Company, Reporter @nealunger
- Michael Shabun, DJI, Brand Partnerships Manager
- Craig Glover, Yuneec International, Product Evangelist
- Keith Kaplan, Tesla Foundation, CEO and CEO of UAVSA
- Ben Marcus, AirMap, Co-Founder and CEO; Angel Investor
- Dan Burton, DroneBase, CEO, Founder @DanielBBurton
- Michael Shabun, DJI, Brand Partnerships Manager. DJI is the market leader in consumer easy-to-fly drones and aerial photography systems. Its quadcopters like the Phantom are the standard in consumer drone technology. DJI showcases at CES and other major shows. @DJIglobal
- Craig Glover, Yuneec International, Product Evangelist. Yuneec develops state of the art electric powered products for personal transport and leisure, including drones. @YuneecIntl
- Keith Kaplan, Tesla Foundation, CEO and CEO of UAVSA (Unmanned Aerial Vehicle Systems Association). The Tesla Foundation accomplishes its non profit goals utilizing its research labs and facilities, education labs, educational events and summits, and software. UAVSA is an organization of drone manufacturers, distributors, retailers, publishers, software companies, creatives, and enthusiasts that serves as the voice for commercial UAS community within FAA guidelines and regulations. UAVSA just held its first drone conference a few months ago in LA. @TeslaFound @UAVSAUSA
- Ben is Co-Founder & CEO of AirMap, which is helping make drones a part of everyday life by providing comprehensive, highly-accurate, up-to-date, dynamic airspace information to drones and their operators. AirMap’s information is already available in Beta at www.airmap.io. Ben was previously cofounder of jetAVIVA, the world’s largest broker of light jet planes. He is also an angel investor in several companies including Skydio, which is developing computer-vision technology for drones to navigate in GPS-deprived environments and provide autonomous obstacle detection and avoidance. @FlyingBenji
Startup Showcase finalists will pitch for 5 min followed by 5 min Q&A. Judges will pick a final to win the Silicon Beach Fest 2015 title and prize package.
- Bob Vanech, Zealot Networks, COO
- Fran Seegull, USC, ImpactAssets, Chief Investment Officer @franseegull
- David Carter, Zuma Ventures, CEO, Co-Founder
Join us for Friday night cocktails at the new WeWork Santa Monica. Silicon Beach Fest attendees get a sneak preview of the large new co-working space before its scheduled July 1 opening date. WeWork’s Santa Monica location is WeWork’s second location in LA, after its first location in Hollywood which has hosted several Silicon Beach Fests.
Introducing WeWork Santa Monica
WeWork and Silicon Beach Fest have come together to host an amazing pre-launch party to celebrate the newest LA location, WeWork Santa Monica, opening July 1st.
Join us this Friday, June 26th, at 6:00pm for a fun evening of drinks, food, prizes, a live DJ, and a sneak peek of the new space before it opens.
Please RSVP to attend, we look forward to seeing you there!
The WeWork Team
With our new location at the Marina del Rey Hotel, we embark upon a private yacht cruise aboard the FantaSea yacht, to add a little Cannes style yacht cruising to this year’s Silicon Beach Fest. VIP passes, select speakers and sponsors are invited to this three-hour FantaSea yacht cruise on Friday June 26, 6-9p. Step aboard the yacht from 6-7p while it is at the dock, and then the boat will depart at 7p for a two-hour sailing cruise around the Marina. 130 capacity.
A wristband will be required to board the yacht. Select sponsors, select speakers, and paid VIP tickets will be given wristbands to board the yacht.
To sponsor the yacht, email firstname.lastname@example.org with YACHT as the subject.
Free parking at FantaSea Yacht, 4215 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
After the yacht returns to shore at 9p, you still have time to drive or Uber / Lyft to the Closing Party at Cross Campus from 8-11p in Santa Monica.
All Silicon Beach Fest attendees are invited to our big Closing Party with a nautical theme and views of boats in the marina. Enjoy complimentary passed appetizers. Our DJ will make sure you get to do some dancing on the dance floor. VIP guests are welcome to relax in the VIP lounge. You may sit down to order dinner at Killer Shrimp on your own, or after-party with your new SBF buddies in the adjacent Killer Cafe section which is open 24 hours and has free wifi for posting all your dancing tweets and Instagrams.
Killer Shrimp is located at 4211 Admiralty Way, Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
Parking: Please park in the nearby public lot. Cost is $6 cash or credit card. Parking is not covered or validated. Do not park in the Killer Cafe lot which is reserved for dinner guests. Note: You may also take the Tesloop car shuttle in a Tesla from the Marina Del Rey Hotel.
Join us for our Silicon Beach Fest – VIP Cocktails with wine & cheese at the newly listed home at 25 S. Venice Blvd. on Saturday June 27. Relax with wine and good conversation, and touch base with friends and new contacts from the fest.
This event is open to Silicon Beach Fest VIP, speaker, and sponsors. Please bring your badge for entry.
Our venue is a newly listed $3.75M home steps from Venice Beach, with 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms, Brazilian granite, and a multi-level roof deck with an impressive 360° view of the ocean, mountains, and city. The home has recently been featured in the LA Times, and First Comics News. Contact: Darren Winston, Luxury Property Speciality at John Aaroe Group, email@example.com
PARKING: Park on your own at $6 public parking lots a short walk away.
Join us for this panel with digital home and commercial real estate experts at a beachfront condo in North Malibu. Relax with cocktails, enjoy the balcony which overlooks the ocean, and chat at the panel. Thanks to Ethan Samuels for hosting this event.
Address is a private home at 11770 Pacific Coast Highway. Bring your SBF VIP badge for admission.
- Audie Chamberlain, Lion and Orb, Founder and CEO of full services real estate PR agency
- Ethan Samuels, Northwestern Mutual, Financial Advisor
- Sarah Kosasky, Partners Trust Real Estate Brokerage and Acquisitions – Malibu, Founding Partner, Manager
- Adrian Zaw, Zaw Studios, Executive Producer and CEO. Drone Specialist; uses drones for arial real estate photography
We just added this Disneyland meetup because so many international SBF attendees are in town, and wanted to go to Disneyland! International attendees to this year’s SBF include the 25-member delegation from our Silicon Sister city, Silicon Beach UK who spoke on 2 panels, as well as attendees who flew in from London, Scotland, Germany, Belgium, Mexico, and India. All SBF attendees invited to Disneyland for a photo opp at the Castle at 7p to catch sunset lighting. Look for Silicon Beach Fest – Festival Director @KevinWinston in the red SBF shirt (and tweet him to find him). We’ll bring SBF fans and shades for you for the pic! You can also check out the artwork of Frozen near Main St; Steve Goldberg of Disney Animation discussed the making of Frozen at our VFX of Hollywood Blockbusters panel on Friday.
This event is pay on your own, Disneyland admission is $99/day, no SBF pass discounts. Deluxe annual passports are valid today.