Get the Silicon Beach Fest schedule grid here.
Leading LA VCs and investors will provide an overview on the investment trends in Silicon Beach.
Moderator: Billy O’Grady, City National Bank, SVP
- Erin Shipley, Karlin Ventures, Senior Associate @erinbshipley
- Colleen Poynton, Core Innovation Capital, Vice President
- William Hsu, MuckerLab, Co-Founder and Partner
CEOs from LA’s biggest tech exits will describe their exit process: How they found an acquirer, due diligence, alignment of operations, corporate culture, valuation, communication to employees, and life after exiting.
Moderator: Garrett Reim, LA Business Journal, Tech Reporter
- Will Kassoy, Opera Mediaworks, CMO (CEO of Adcolony, pre-acquisition) @WillKassoy
- Matt Nutt, Glu Mobile, GM (Studio head @ Cie Games, pre-acquisition)
- Karl Rinderknecht, AOL, VP of Platforms (CEO of Gravity, pre-acquisition)
Chinese investors and companies are actively investing in Silicon Beach. After Chinese-based Tencent acquired LA-based Riot Games, more Chinese investors are investing in LA area startups. Learn what these investors are looking for, how they find LA startups, investment deal structure, and more. Also, we will discuss how Silicon Beach companies that are looking to expand to China can do so via local Chinese partners, and more.
Moderator: Rebecca Fannin, Forbes Contributor; Silicon Dragon Ventures, Founder/Editor
Hollywood studios, agencies and entertainment companies will discuss how they are getting involved in Silicon Beach. Movie studios and talent agencies will discuss how they are working with startups, and in some cases incubating and investing in startups. Entertainment startups will discuss how they work with studios, influencers, and more.
Moderator: Rynda Laurel, @rynda
- Avi Gandhi, William Morris Endeavor, Digital Agent
- Mandy Salzman, Techstars
- Mark Young, Fandango, VP Strategy and Business Development
- Kiel Berry, Machine Shop, Executive Vice President. Machine Shop is the VC firm for the band Linkin Park, which has made investment in Lyft, Shyp and Robinhood
- Rynda Laurel has worked with hundreds of music artists from developing acts to multi-platinum, Grammy-winning, Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees. She also advises music based online platforms and is a sought-after moderator, speaker at international conferences including MIDEM, Silicon Beach Fest, SXSW, SXSW, V2V, DEW, CMW, and Digital LA.
- Avi Gandhi, William Morris Endeavor, Digital Agent. Avi works with digital native talent and other digital deals at WME. He is on Forbes 30 Under 30 List.
- Mandy Salzman, TechStars, which powers Disney Accelerator. Mandy previously worked at Sony Pictures and Fox.
- Mark Young, Fandango, VP Strategy and Business Development. At Fandango, a subsidiary of NBCUniversal, Mark oversees distribution and co-marketing of mobile services, commerce and video, handset manufacturers, connected devices, social media and digital video platforms, app stores and retailers.
- Kiel Berry is the Executive Vice President of Machine Shop, the wholly owned innovation company of the Grammy Award winning band Linkin Park, focused on fashion, design, tech, and innovative brand partnerships. Most recently, he runs Machine Shop Ventures, a venture capital fund that invests in early-to-growth stage companies with a global scope. To date, MSV has invested in Lyft, Shyp, Robinhood, and Blue Bottle Coffee. Prior to Machine Shop Ventures, Kiel worked at Creative Artists Agency in Entertainment Marketing and International Corporate Development focused on global expansion initiatives.